Several Causes of Dairy Allergy

Posted on

A dairy allergy is often developed in individuals when they are infants. Sometimes, it can be developed later on in life. This is the immune system’s response to proteins that cow’s milk possesses. Many infants usually outgrow their dairy allergy at the precious age of four; seventy percent outgrow their allergy, many never outgrow it.

Protein allergens found in cow’s milk are culprits in contributing to a dairy allergy. Casein and whey are the contributing allergens. Casein is the curd formed in milk and left to sour. The watery part removed is the whey. Casein is the main allergy found in cheese and makes up 80 percent of protein found in milk. Cheese that is hard possesses the most Casein. The other 20 % of milk is whey. Whey contains proteins such as alpha lactalbumin and beta lactaglobulin. One would never think that a dairy allergy would be so complex.

Dairy allergy symptoms usually manifest themselves into the respiratory, skin, and digestive system. You msay find yourself with symptoms such as swollen lips, mouth, face, tongue, and throat. Skin reactions occur such as hives, an itchy red rash, and eczema. Digestive tract reactions present themselves in the form of abdominal cramps, gas, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and gas. Anaphylactic shock, coughing, shortness of breath, runny noses, sneezing, itchy and watery eyes are all respiratory reactions. Other additional symptoms of a dairy allergy include but are not limited to lethargy and bed-wetting. Glazed looks and reddish ear lobes are also some of the symptoms of a dairy allergy.dairy

Many do not realize their dairy allergy exists because they were exposed early on as infants to foods their digestive tracts could not handle. This is because a large part of the body’s immune system operates in the intestinal walls. In order to receive relief from a dairy allergy, people will need to omit certain foods from their diets.

Over the counter pain, medications and antibiotics will lead to a dairy allergy and a plethora of other problems. Take the Leaky Gut Syndrome, for example. Whenever a person with this problem eats what they may be allergic to such as dairy products; pain medication they use can help to decrease symptoms, so they may think; however, this medication will only make symptoms worse, with the patient never knowing this.

Allergenic foods that are usually identified by using a blood test and contribute to a dairy allergy are gluten, wheat, eggs, and cow’s milk. Many people consume these foods regularly and on a daily basis. Some folks may need to meet with registered dietitians for consultation. There are many substitutions for these foods, to help enable a person to continue enjoying things they like to eat most.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *